Does time always seem to escape you? Do you often end the day with important tasks left undone? Try some of these 49 ideas for better time management.
1. Order your food and ask for the check at the same time.
2. Use odd times to set appointments. You'Il increase the promptness of others.
3. Schedule your time off.
4. Call your sellers on a set day of the week/month.
5. Stand up when finished with business.
6. Have one list, not several.
7. In your idle time, write personal notes.
8. Prioritize phone calls.
9. Hold all calls for 30 minute blocks to get things done.
10. Throw things away.
11. Separate credit card for business.
12. Handle each correspondence once.
13. Have others do detail work and errands.
14. Minimize personal calls at work.
15. Mail things or FAX, don't deliver.
16. Have a city map with index in your car.
17. Personal computer. 18. Car or portable phone. 19. Follow-up system in place. 20. Catalogue business cards by profession. 21. Dothinkitems at your smart time. 22. Check off items as completed. 23. Breakfast and/or lunch meetings. 24. Wake up 15 minutes early, that's over an extra hour per week. 25. Delegate and trust others. 26. Learn to say NO. 27. Leave time for the unexpected. 28. Do most difficult tasks first. 29. Constantly weed out prospects. 30. What is the best use of your time NOW? 31. Write reminder notes. 32. Finish one task first. 33. Recap at end of the day. 34. Use a hand-held micro cassette recorder for thoughts. 35. Intercept people who waste your time. 36. Keep your appointment book open on your desk. 37. Write down what time to leave for appointments. 38. Go to lunch at 11:30 or 1:00. 39. Leave your message if the person you are calling is not in. 40. If you must talk to the person, leave a time frame to return your call. 41. You end the phone call. 42. Write things down in the same place, always. 43. Leave your house at the same time daily. 44. Workrealhard for 30-60 minutes at a time. 45. Put a STOP sign on your desk when you want no interruptions. 46. Keep your appointment book with or near you. 47. Take one day per week off. 48. Subscribe to services that can do what you do. 49. Say to yourself daily, "I am more organized than ever before and I get so much done every day."
Author:Brandi Rademacher Phone: 253-224-6663 Dated: October 1st 2011 Views: 4,559 About Brandi: Brandi Rademacher with RE/MAX Realty South is the Professional Realtor who other Realtors come to fo...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
RE/MAX Realty South real estate brokerages employ full time, highly productive, experienced and educated brokers focused on serving their real estate clients and communities at the highest possible level to create the best possible result...even in these rapidly changing times and uncertain economy. We provide accurate, detailed information, data and advice so that our clients make informed decisions. We're committed to life long relationships founded in integrity and mutual respect. We're here to help...at all stages in all situations.
According toGeorge Ratiu,Senior Economistforrealtor.com:"The ability
" Brandi spent an entire Saturday running my husband (who had just flown in for a couple days from Connecticut) all around to different towns near and far from the Olympia area. She was very friendly and professional in every interaction we have had, and she always looked out for our best interests. I believe she sincerely wanted to help us find the perfect house to suit our preferences. In addition, she drove to several homes that we were interested in and made videos so that we could get a clear idea of what the houses and neighborhoods were like. I wholeheartedly recommend working with Brandi! Best experience we've ever had with a realtor, hands down. "